Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Youtube Music Channel

One of my hobbies is playing piano, and recently I bought the equipment to record sound from my electric piano. I own a Yamaha CLP-320 series, which has been an excellent piano and has held up remarkably well for the past three years.

The first recording uploaded from this piano is a nocturne by Chopin in B-flat minor,  opus 9, #1. I have had it in my repertoire for quite a while now, and it still remains my favorite nocturne out of all of them. I plan to upload more recordings with some regularity (e.g., every week or two), so be sure to check out the channel often to see what's new. Subscribing (or even just "liking") is a great way to help me out.

One feature of my videos is annotations which highlight certain interesting parts of the piece, such as important key modulations, any historical background that might be significant, and so on. I also think it looks cool when Chopin spits facts about his music. My goal is for it to be edifying rather than distracting; time will tell whether the public likes it or not.

Anyway, here's a link to the video. Enjoy!

[Edit 07.08.2012]: I removed the annotations, because I eventually found them distracting. Any notes will be placed in the "Description" box, as soon as I convince the recording companies that this indeed my own original work, and not a copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment